Roasted Vegetable Vegan Mac & Cheese
A chunky twist on a classic mac & cheese
Ingredients - serves 4 people.
- 1 jar of Original Nutters Béchamel Sauce.
- 300g of dried mezzi rigatoni pasta.
- 1 courgette cut in angles.
- 1 small head of broccoli cut into florets.
- 1 red pepper diced.
- 1 seeded crusty roll for croutons.
- 3 gloves of garlic roughly cut into small pieces.
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- 1 tsp of cajun spice.
- Tbsp of olive oil.
- Salt & pepper.
- 2 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast (optional).
Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
Cook the rigatoni pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes.
Chuck broccoli florets into the same pan and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Drain well, then tip back into the pan.
Heat up a large sauce pan with the olive oil. Add the courgette, pepper and garlic. Sprinkle with the cajun spices, chilli flakes and pan fry until the veg are slightly charred.
Add the the vegetables to the pasta & broccoli, poor in the jar of our creamy Mac & Cheeze Sauce and stir until the ingredients are covered. Tip into a shallow ovenproof dish.
Tear up the crusty roll over the dish so that the crumbs and seeds fall on top and place randomly throughout the dish. Sprinkle with the nutritional yeast and pepper and pop into the oven!
Bake until golden brown for 25 minutes, serve and enjoy!